Meme Time, Meme Channel


So Dead Rooster (or as I like to think of him-- "Le Coq Mort") over at Legally Sane Blogging included me in this meme which is going around. So to honor the Deceased Chanticleer, I have developed today's post.

The Gallo Esta Muerto was, in fact, very strict about the rules of this meme. For an ex-chicken he's still got a bit of spunk left in him, so I'd prefer not to tick him off. Roosters can be touchy. So these are the rules.

RULES:

  1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
  2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
  3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
  4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment on their blog and tell them they have been tagged, and to come back and read your blog for the whole story.
  5. Those who are late to the table do not get fruit cup

Okay, so I made up that last one, but it's a nice touch, don't you think? :) Now-- on to the eight random facts or habits! Huzzah! (Hey, I saw that-- you stifle that big yawn... We're doing this for the Demised Poultry, remember?)


EIGHT RANDOM FACTS OR HABITS

1.) If groups like the Beach Boys, Ladysmith Black Mambazo or Clannad are on in the car, my brain thinks I should be able to sing along with them just fine-- in spite of language barriers or lyrics issues. It makes for an interesting ride for my passengers.

2.) I'd included it once in a meme on my thrifting blog, but I cannot express it often enough. If mayonnaise touches my food, that food is completely contaminated. I have mayo fear.

3.) 80s singer Eddie Money filmed his "I Wanna Go Back" video in my hometown, and they cast extras from my high school. One of my best friends made a merry fool of himself in it, dancing "The Swim." Eddie Money's people didn't ask him to do The Swim. It was his own personal flourish. We were so proud (read: made fun of him for weeks and weeks).

4.) I used to know French pretty well but now, after all these years I am left with only the words for sheep, scallops, fish, dress, rooster (coincidentally!), and a few lines from "Le Petit Prince." Needless to say, should I ever be plunked down in Paris and left to find my way home, you might as well just forget about me. Or else look for me at a French market that specializes in seafood and children's literature.

5.) As a kid I was utterly convinced that Bill Cosby and Bing Crosby were the same person. My poor long-suffering mother had to explain the difference numerous times. I also was convinced that Mark Hamill, and skaters Dorothy Hamill and Scott Hamilton were all related.

6.) I find putting jigsaw puzzles together stressful (and yep, I am a high-strung overachiever, why do you ask?)

7.) Growing up, I'd wanted to be Wonder Woman, Batgirl or Nancy Drew-- pretty much in that order. Instead, I'm a marketing writer. Admittedly, it's not as glamorous, but the uniform rides up less.

8.) In college, I drew a regular comic strip called "Shearadon and Woolworth" starring some anthropomorphic sheep, both of whom wore Chuck Taylors. I still doodle the sheep sometimes.


All righty then! That's eight! And now to tag eight of my fellow bloggers who probably won't care one whit (and how can I blame them?) about being all meme-ed up.

Here goes-

BLOGGERS WHO ARE BEING MEME-ED UP:

1.) Kevin at Pointless Banter because it will annoy him

2.) Shirley of My Thoughts and Proof Positivity because she's always nice to me and will forgive me for including her in a meme

3.) Alice from Honey Pie because she's funny as heck and also she needs a break from sanding her son's plantar wart and from creating tent worm farms

4.) Kathy at The Junk Drawer, because I think she could do something really funny and original with this.

5.) Chelle of Offended Blogger because she's unlikely to be offended by being included here

6.) Sujatha of Fluff-n-Stuff because the woman speaks a bazillion languages and would likely be able to share a really cool eight items

7.) Claire of A Little Piece of Me because Claire might be able to leverage it for her college counseling classes.

8.) Mike of Monkey Fables and Tales because he's just one seriously witty guy... or something.

Have fun with it. Or ignore it. Y'know, whatever makes ya happy.

------------------------------------------------------
Did you know that Dead Rooster is a rising star (or crowing bird?) on Humor-blogs?

17 comments:

Miss Shirl said...

Oh, that's how that works. Duke pro tagged me last week and I had no clue what was going on. Lol! I just tagged my best friend and she doesn't have a blog! Oh, well I guess that post on BC is pointless. I will forgive you whatever.

Unknown said...

Hey, Shirley- I realize Duke Pro tagged me with the same meme right after this. I will have to send him apologies. I can't really double-meme at the point. :)

Greg said...

Hey...this was a fun...and funny...meme. No worries about the French. I think faux French is always more useful, and infinitely more tres amusant.

There's no reason you can't sing along with whatever music you love, regardless of your language or lyrical barriers. Which isn't to say I don't have sympathy for your riders.

The Sheep Comic sounds great...maybe someday you'll be pushed for a blog post and bring 'em back.

(Although I'd have gamely accepted, thanks for passing on tagging me. I'm still catching my breath from that whole 100 Things list...)

Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

Gregoire- Someday I'll find and scan one of my old Shearadon and Woolworth comics. I think they're lurking in a box in my basement.

And you figured out quite rightly why I didn't tag you this time. I have tagged you entirely too many times, you poor fellow. And after that 100 things-- yikes. I had a hard enough time coming up with a decent eight.

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done, Jenn!

Of all my tagees, you were BY FAR the most cheerful about it. In fact, you are the only one that actually did the entire meme without skimping on the dastardly duty of forwarding (to be fair, Don at "It's a funny thing" did forward, but it was to 8 random blogs and not to anyone he knew).

Anyway, thanks for participating. I really enjoyed your post and if you ever want to send a meme to me, please feel free to...THINK AGAIN!

Unknown said...

Rooster- Well, it's better than a chain letter, at least (kinda sorta). For instance, you didn't CURSE those who chose NOT to do the meme... That's something...

crpitt said...

Le Coq Mort greatly amused me, but I am not committing to this meme.

Mayo fear, uh oh is that fuel for a doodle I smell? heh.

You admitted to still doodling so that means you would participate in a doodle day?

Unknown said...

Hey, that's fine- no problem.

Yes, I admit to my mayo fear. I fear it more than your doodling. Also, there should be no smell. Mayo has little scent... and I still do not want it to touch my food.

And yep, if there's a doodle day, let me know. I may have a doodle in me... er... maybe I should rephrase... :) I might be able to come up with something.

Sujatha said...

I'm supposed to come up with EIGHT facts about myself!!!! I'll be lucky if I can remember 3, at my advanced age.

Woohoo, I've already forgotten what it was that you're supposed to do if you are tagged!

Languages, languages... Can each language I know be listed as a separate fact? Then I might make to 8 facts. Pretty please, with sugar on top, Jen??

Chelle Blögger said...

Aww thanks Jenn but I was tagged with this one already this week and I still haven't done it or the last three I was tagged with.

I know, I suck as a tag-ee. :p

Unknown said...

O Ancient Sujatha :)... (not)... Feel free to ignore said tag or implement at your own discretion. Here at Of Cabbages and Kings, we are not picky. :)

Offended- no big deal, Chelle, cheers! These memes go around like bubonic plague but with fewer boils and less fun.

I usually only participate in about one a year myself, if I can get away with it.

Alice said...

I'm with you on that whole Cosby/Crosby thing.

Now that my painting is done - I'll get crackin'! I'm tickled to get tagged for a 2nd meme. : )

ps. Off topic, but I love your blog title. My guest bedroom is all Alice In Wonderland! I'm sure it creeps the guests, but we do what we need to do to keep them away.

Unknown said...

Heh- you're handling the meme concept with grace and dignity, Alice. :) Commendable considering how universally loathed they're becoming.

Re: the blog title-- thanks. There are several Of Cabbages and Kings out there, blogwise, but "Alice" has always been a fav of mine, too. And the concept just seemed to work.

I like the idea of your theme room, by the way. I always thought if I had a daughter, I'd do her room in a Lewis Carroll theme.

Anonymous said...

So I'm waiting for the sheep doodles. Can't that next project at work wait a little while you do them?

Unknown said...

Mark- Well, I'll see if the sheep are willing to make an internet debut for a post. I imagine they might-- They don't get out much anymore.

Sujatha said...

I've partly fulfilled the taggery requirement on my blog, Jen!

Unknown said...

Hi, Sujatha- I will pop by and check out your taggery, then. :)