There Goes the Galaxy Official, Unofficial Soundtrack and YouTubely Goodies



You ever listen to music and think, "Wow, this song sounds like a soundtrack for this very moment of my day"? Well,  'd had some songs that either inspired actual bits of the There Goes the Galaxy books, or seem to me like they work in my Greater Communicating Universe. I've been pulling them together when I can, for the eventual launch party of the third book (y'know, down the road). I will also be including some of the fun, spacey dubstep/trip-hop songs in the mix, that one of my Facebook followers was kind enough to connect me to (I love driving around to it!).

Anyway, this week has already been madness for me, work-wise, but I didn't want to leave you folks all empty-handed. So I thought those who have read the tales might enjoy seeing some of the songs I had in mind. This is what I would include:

  • My, My, Time Flies- Enya
  • Is That You Mo-Dean?- B-52s
  • End of the World as we Know It- R.E.M.
  • Walking on the Sun- Smash Mouth
  • Blinded Me with Science- Thomas Dolby
  • Angel is the Centerfold- J. Geils Band
  • Rapture- Blondie
  • Rocket- Def Leppard
  • Crime of the Century- Supertramp
  • There Goes a Tenner- Kate Bush
  • Planet Claire- B-52s
  • Space Age Whiz Kids- Joe Walsh
  • Satellite- Smash Mouth
  • Major Tom- David Bowie
  • Space Oddity- Peter Schilling
  • Ashes to Ashes- David Bowie
  • Songs for a Dying Planet- Joe Walsh
  • Watching the Planets- Flaming Lips
  • You Will Go to the Moon- Moxy Fruvous

I am, of course, open to additional suggestions for a good, spacely soundtrack! Because, as you know, new inspiration is never far away! 

Also, I'd posted another audio reading of There Goes the Galaxy on my YouTube channel. If you enjoy these, you can subscribe to them here: 
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBeC9G_DzC4UAG2f9HVxtgA

Otherwise, I hope you all have a good week. I aim to come back to you all with an actual humor post when I'm feeling less day-job stressed and more, um, humorous.

0 comments: